Photo by: Karime Arabia
GIVE MIAMI DAY
Help us reach our $4,000 goal!
Give Miami Day, sponsored by The Miami Foundation, is truly a Miami community builder for nonprofits. It’s an opportunity, in one 24 hour period, to give to any registered non-profit organization and NWD Projects is participating again this year. Your gift will be stretched even further by making your donation on November 21st as part of Give Miami Day, thanks to the Miami Foundation and their bonus donation program.
Because of the support of so many in the Miami community and beyond we have been able to continue our mission of promoting dance as a voice for environmental awareness through collaborations with the artistic, educational and environmental communities. This is some of what your past gifts have supported.
- Creation of Everglades Imprint – a collaboration with dancers,filmmakers and musicians based on the month long stay in Everglades National Park (ENP) as an AIRIE fellow
- Adaptation of this site-specific piece for South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center and HistoryMiami Museum
- Workshops for children and adults bringing the Everglades experience into their communities
- Three month exhibit in the AIRIE Nest at ENP based on the process in creating Everglades Imprint
- Site-specific performance at Jose Marti park as part of the resiliency redesign project
- Performance in ENP for the closing of the exhibit
- Community workshops for adults and Miami Dade College students building up to National Water Dance
- Miami’s participation in National Water Dance at Matheson Hammock
In April 2020 NWD Projects will be producing the 4th National Water Dance event. The focus for 2020, an election year and centennial of the recognition of women’s right to vote, is on climate change and voter registration. Across the country, in 32 states and counting, on the National Mall and Puerto Rico, dancers will be performing simultaneously at water sites. It’s this collective energy and organizing that is at the core of NWD Projects artistic mission. Quoting Margaret Mead, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Please join our group of committed dancers in fighting for environmental justice and give to NWD Projects on Give Miami Day, November 21, 2019!