Dance the Vote
September 21 – 26, 2020
National Water Dance is excited to collaborate with Jamē McCray to Dance the Vote, a week long dance challenge on Instagram and Facebook illustrating your reason for voting, asking you to answer the question “What are you voting for”?
We’re challenging you to get registered, committed, and ready to vote in this most important presidential election. Keep an eye on our social media as we share how you can participate, our reason for voting, and where to go to register to vote and look up your ballot information. Watch Jamē McCray’s video introduction to the challenge.
Participating is simple, here’s how it works:
- Learn the shared movement phrase based on “I vote for our voices to be heard”
- Add your movement based on “I vote for____”
- Perform the shared movement phrase (and verbalize it or include it as a caption) along with your movement
- Post it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #DANCEtheVOTE
- Tag your friends and challenge them to keep it going!
Endangered Ecological Landscape
Endangered Ecological Timescapes is a physical exploration of age and youth in an endangered environment and the effort to create bridges of understanding across generations, being created in collaboration with Thryn Saxon and Rami Shafi. This project is part of Dale Andree’s work with the MDC Live Arts LALA cohort and is funded in part by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, as part of its Knight Arts Challenge. The first site specific performance will be in 2021 (date TBD due to COVID-19).
“Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.” ~Maya Angelou